Creating an Evacuation Plan
Evacuation plans, emergency kits, and general guidance
Being as prepared as possible helps us to help you
Three ways to prepare:
Creating an Evacuation Plan:
Consider creating a basic evacuation plan for yourself/family.
How to create an evacuation plan:
- Plan places where your family will meet, both within and outside of your immediate neighbourhood
- Become familiar with alternative routes and other means of getting out of your area
- Take your emergency kit unless you have reason to believe it has been contaminated
- If you have a car, keep a half tank of fuel in it at all times in case you need to evacuate
- If you do not have a car, plan how you will leave if you have to
- Lock the door behind you and take any pets with you
Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.